Tuesday, November 22, 2011

This 6 year old was busy…

Friday night we had the grandparents over for pizza and presents. There was some pizza, but there were a lot of presents. With little pieces. And directions. And more little pieces.

IMG_4480IMG_4486IMG_4499IMG_4495IMG_4497

Even the Chunk got in on the action.

IMG_4506IMG_4505IMG_4504

Monkey chose his own cake. Can you guess what it is? He and I thought it was so funny when we picked it up from the bakery. The grandparents, in their old age, didn’t know what it was. So, what do you think?IMG_4432 

Saturday morning he had is last soccer game of the season. He was rockin on the field.

IMG_4543

IMG_4544

I think his dad may have taught him how to use his elbows… legally.IMG_4552IMG_4553bIMG_4555

Look at those dirty legs. His play just kept right on going. IMG_4564

After this he had his team party and then on Sunday his bowling party with friends and dads. All through the weekend he was like the Energizer Bunny, going and going and going. I was wiped out. Put the camera away, in fact. But there’s something about turning 6 that just psyches a kid up about life.

Six years old. Wow,  the time really does fly by.

I love this kid. There’s nothing baby about him any more. Nothing. He’s so smart, and witty. He loves to learn and grow. He’s adventurous and competitive. He’s a rule follower and yet he likes to try and bend those boundary lines just a bit. He craves attention but he can play in his room and work on a project all on his own. He is becoming his very own person. And I love each and every second of it.

Watching him grow up is nothing short of a miracle to me.   Because truly, he’s God’s Gift.

And the cake is a Thanksgiving turkey. Is that what you thought?

~mrs. dunbar

7 comments:

Genn said...

Thanksgiving turkey! No, never would have guessed it. Funny.

Happy 6 yrs to him. Such a sweet young man. Love the picture of him using his arms in the game. Great shot!

Lori said...

my sons love looking at those novelty cakes at the grocery store too. too funny. Happy 6th birthday to him.

SZM said...

Nope...didn't think that cake was a turkey. I am giggling now!

Robin said...

Happy 6th Birthday! I feel very blessed to have been able to be a part of his early years. Gotta love those legos and all those pieces:) Yay! I guessed that it was a turkey. That is awesome that he chose that! Enjoy the break from soccer. Happy Holidays!

Mrs. C... said...

Happy Birthday Monkey! I can remember the day you were born...Ah... Mom - when dealing with Legos, go and get him his own cookie sheet for small unfinished projects! Miracle worker. He can spread out the pieces without them going everywhere and it is easy to move. Also, if he has his own, he won't be borrowing yours when lets say you need it for DINNER! A lesson learned the hard way over here! Hugs to you both! Mwah

Mrs. C... said...

Oh, and the cake - CLASSIC! Pure CLassic!!! Something my Bubba would have definately done!

Michelle said...

I thought it was maybe a dragon??? As I look at my oldest who is a senior in high school, I am amazed at where the time went. I feel myself wanting to hold on tight knowing he needs to spread his own wings to fly. College is next year, I will need many tissues.