Monday, September 20, 2010

How old do you deserve to be this Monday?

IMG_5512
A woman has the age she deserves.
~ Coco Chanel
Although I would love to start my morning with a powdered donut and a White Chocolate Mocha, I think I’ll stick with Almond Cranberry Oatmeal and then I’ll take a nice long walk with Bogie after we drop Monkey off at school. My center of gravity is moving in front of me and my toes are soon going to be a distant memory, I’d like to postpone the excess weight gain if I can. The pounds I have to, I’ll put on, but this time I’m dreading trying to take them off. I’ll be well over thirty after all.
Coco Chanel quotes are some of my favorite. Today, this morning before the hustle and bustle of brushing teeth in little mouths, putting on shoes Velcro shoes, and running errands with a toddler begins, I feel like I’m 24. It’s like my go to age. The age I’ve felt for plenty of years now. So I’ll take care of me first this morning and then I’ll take care of all the hooligans as they start coming out of their rooms sleepy eyed carrying their blankets down the hall.
Here’s to healthier breakfasts and a great Monday!
Life Made Lovely
~mrs. dunbar

9 comments:

The Salinas Family said...

I vote for a grande extra hot, nonfat hot chocolate, no whip.....chased by a Coke about 45 minutes later. That's why you are skinny and I am not!

Ashley said...

Sounds yummy! Remember, "nothings as good as skinny feels" ...which Im sure you will keep your cute figure while your carrying. =)

jen@odbt said...

My go to age 32 - right after my daughter was born...I felt great and surprisingly got back to my pre college weight.

Tawny said...

I know this is SO behind...but CONGRATS!!! I can't wait to meet the newest little Dunbar!!! I actually heard the news at school :) Hope all is well :)

Heather @ Life Made Lovely said...

no matter what the age, i think your morning sounds lovely! i need to do a better job of remembering to feed myself in the morning. and yours looks delish!

Genn said...

So I made pillsbury cinammon rolls for the fam this morning. And I ate one. So what age does that make me? ;)

Ali said...

Hey that looks like some tasty oatmeal, but that doughnut would have been tasty too!

You look adorable when you are pregnant and always slim right back down, so don't worry about that at ALL!

Martha said...

That looks so yummy!!!!! What a great saying ~ I love that!

Lori said...

Great post! Your oatmeal looks so yummy. I'll have to check out more Coco Chanel quotes... I love scrolling through pages of quotations! Enjoy your week!