Thursday, June 3, 2010

Bless his heart

If you’ve been reading my blog for a while, you know that Bogie is my one in a million kid. Last May I posted THIS, Bogie’s visit to the Cardiologist. We were so excited that we didn’t have to go back and visit Cardiology for a year, not every three to six months like we had been since he was born.  

Well it’s been a year… And this is what you get when you have a doctor’s appointment in the middle of nap time.

IMG_2948 IMG_2955

IMG_2957 

IMG_2958

Well it wasn’t as bad or as good as I had hoped. Since Bogie did so well sitting for a stretch of time, our Doctor thought it would be a good idea to have an EchoCardiogram completed; to know foresure what is going on inside Bogie’s chest because his swishing sound was still present. Bummer on that. But she did say, if they didn’t see anything he would be discharged from Cardiology. Okay, I can live with that.

Two weeks later…

A healthy snack before the test.

IMG_3601  The look on his face is priceless in this picture. Too bad it’s out of focus.IMG_3604 IMG_3607

It was actually a sonogram of his heart. I asked the Tech if it was like when I was preggers; if I’d get to go home with some black and white photos? He looked at me like I was nuts but two minutes later he printed some up for me. That was nice. I was grateful.

IMG_3609  IMG_3613

Bogie did great. He sat still and did whatever the tech asked. It may have had something to do with Stuart Little that was playing on the TV or perhaps he just wanted to show off and eat up all of the compliments the Doctor and the Tech kept giving him.

We didn’t get the greatest results. He has to go back in six months, but the Doctor assured me he is totally fine and there are no life restrictions for Bogie whatsoever. She just wants to continue to monitor him.

Aww, well, such is life.

 

~mrs. dunbar

15 comments:

carissa said...

awww, he looks so cute even hooked up to all those chords. i got all emotional with this post. i'm sorry he has to go back. but thank goodness he is okay!

Alisa said...

It's never fun when dealing with little ones and heart problems. My little guy had heart surgery when he was 13 months old so I can completely sympathize with the anxieties you might feel. I am so glad to see he is doing well and has no restrictions. He is so sweet and it looks like he took all the prodding very well.

Jill said...

Oh goodness! What a day!- Little Bogie was such a brave (ADORABLE!) big boy! sending prayers that things continue to be "just fine"!
Blessings!
Jill

The Salinas Family said...

Praise God! What a huge relief....now if we could only get Kai's bite marks off of his arm he would be doing really good!

Lori said...

Praise! What a trooper. :)

Cathy said...

Just seeing our little ones on ANY kind of exam table (out of the ordinary) gives me pause. Here's to a healthy report in 6 months. He is precious and you are brave ;)

Seizing My Day said...

Wha Hoo ~ for the OK for now! =) We have done our fair share of doc appointments with our little "special needs" man ... recently we have had a couple years of very little issues... nice. =) Boogie did great! Sweet cheeks! =) you would die if you knew what pics I have come home with!! =) it really is high time I shared my little buddies story! maybe when lazy summer days are here...
Glad Boogie is clear for now! =)

Stephanie said...

He is too cute... what a good little baby! Hope everything goes well over the next 6 months!

jen@odbt said...

I'm glad no news is good news. What a cute kid - he did just as great with all the wires as last time.

Ali said...

Ah, I've learned that being a parent brings so many worries. I'm glad that he is doing well and that the doctor has watched him so closely!

Anonymous said...

oh yes! bless his little heart! what a little trooper! interrupted naps and long waits! never a good combo for a little guy! he is too cute! i am sure he will be fine mama but i am gonna say a prayer for him and you! xoxo

Genn said...

Oh wow, I had no idea about Bogie's medical history. How stressful and scary for you guys. I'm so glad that things are okay though. He looks just precious in those pictures. He seems like a really sweet kid.

Unknown said...

I was born 30 yrs ago with a congenital ventricular septal defect....esentially, a hole between my right & left ventricles. They thought it would grow together during puberty, but it didn't. I've never had any trouble with it & I've never had any restrictions except constantly being told I should loose weight & exercise more. :P

My peditrician found it at my two week check up & they made an appointment with the pediatric cardiologist 3 hrs away for the next week. In the mean time, they told my parents to just watch me & make sure I didn't turn blue. I'm sure you can empathize with their stress & anxiety.

I realize that there are much worse heart conditions out there but I like to share my story so those who have children in the same spot can be a little more encouraged.

God will take care of him. And, coming from one who knows, he will love telling everyone his story one day as well. ;)

Katie said...

Lifting your Bogie up in prayer that his heart will grow healthy & strong!!!

patty said...

hugs to you both!