Monday, September 7, 2009

These boots were made for...

Walking.
Walking right onto rides, that is.

Last month when we went to Disneyland Monkey was

just a wee bit too short to ride the "big" rides.

He was ticked.

Threw a fit and all.


Yesterday after church we were talking with some friends who said he needed "work boots." Work boots? "Yes," they said, "that's the solution." Two hours later they called and said they had found their son's work boots from last year, when he was in the same predicament. We picked up the boots, told Monkey they were "special boots" and...

Wha--la.

Insta-growth.
And an amazingly happy and tired little boy.

And just because I need to show you a pic of my Bogie...


P.S. I promise to write about something other than my boys starting next week. Promise. They're just so cute right now. I just finished praying with Monkey and he thanked God for "Disneyland, the ghetto-bird, and curtains" all in the same prayer.

12 comments:

Ali said...

Great idea! I'll have to remember that trick. I'm glad he was able to ride the "big kid" rides this time!

jen@odbt said...

Good tip! My oldest missed the roller coasters by a smidge. I bet wearing some boots or sketchers will do the trick.

Mrs. C... said...

Can't wait to go with you and watch Mr. Dunbar be sprayed again!!! We still laugh at that story and ride everytime! ;)

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

THOSE boots! score! :)

what a great idea though... for all those rides... very good!

Genn said...

Aaw. That is so cute. I wonder if they make a girls version of those boys work boots. We ran into a similar problem with our daughter at LegoLand this summer.

Cute post.

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Oh how cute!!

We just went to an amusement park the other day and mentioned how we couldn't give our son a haircut for a while because that extra padding on top is *just* what pushes him to the height limit. If we cut it, he'd be too short to ride the rides.

Lori said...

How clever! We might need a pair like that next time we go. Hope they were comfy as well as functional! :)

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

Thank you for the SWEET birthday wishes!! You blessed my heart with your comment.

Anonymous said...

hey! that is a great idea! i guess we have high heels and boys have boots! your boys are cute! i have missed some of your posts! do you have a way to follower you? thanks for your sweet comment!

The Flying Bee said...

Work boots, I will have to remember that one!

patty said...

i bet it was great fun... and they are too cute. mine shaves now; keep posting those baby pics!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Irene! Great idea... I may have to try that with Christophe, so I can get him on some of the bigger rides with Marius. Do you guys have passes? If you do, maybe we should do a playdate to Disneyland. My boys love going there!