Thursday, September 24, 2009

"Berry" Neat Trick

My "crunchy" sister-in-law showed me the neatest trick ever to get out (semi -fresh) berry stains. The kids had berry smoothies for breakfast and we did this about an hour later.

In order to do this, you take the garment that has berries all over it and stretch the area where the spots are. She used a mixing bowl and a rubber band to keep it stretched out in place.
The following picture does not do this t-shirt justice of how many berry spots were on it and how dark they actually were.
Then you take boiling hot water and pour over the spots.

And Wha-laa!!

Spots disappear.

Seriously. It totally worked. We did this small procedure on two different t-shirts and a pair a pants and the (semi-fresh) berry stains all completely disappeared.

I was amazed.

Am I the only one who didn't know about this?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

nope! i didnt know about this little trick either! thanks for sharing! i hate stains!

Genn said...

Hmmm, I never knew about that either. Wonder if it works on haircolor?? I get color on myself when I am at work all the time. The trick I do for that is to spray hairspray on the stain because the alcohol in it helps so the stain does not set. I've done that with the kids clothes before too, but I'll have to try this hot water trick. Thanks.

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

The ONLY reason Iknew about this, is because my friend picked berries in highschool, and shared the trick with me years ago...

Cathy said...

Ahhh, I've been doing this for years! So NOT! I had no idea. I think God gave us home-made remedies for pretty much everything, but I'm always quick to buy the chemicals that don't really work!

Karen said...

HI there!
I am SO HAPPY you are joining us all for Doors of Welcome! I think we are all going to have a very fun time - each and every time!
I'll be sending out reminders . . .
Thanks! HAGD! Karen

Anonymous said...

That was amazing, thank you for sharing! You are such a Martha Stewart :)

Anonymous said...

you are not the only one. I didn't know about it either. But I will keep it in the back of my head in case I ever need it!

Anna Cecilia said...

I didn't know! That's amazing. Thanks for the sharing the tip.

Lori said...

News to me too! And we have berry smoothie every morn, so this will come in handy. Can't tell you how many pairs of smoothie-stained jammies we have! ;)