Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Been workin'

I normally work about two or three days a month.

This week so far I've worked, three days in a row.

Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.

I used to work three days, which was good. A good break down of time. A good balance between work and home. But I've been spoiled these past 20 months and I am just not used to the craziness of getting up and going to work each and every day, so too say the least; I am exhausted. And thrilled to have gotten to see all of my friends and some of my old students. And bummed that one of my co-workers had to take a leave, but honored that they asked me be the temporary fill-in. And exhausted just thinking about it. And grateful that I can still make up a schedule that works for my family. These guys make each day worthwhile.

(We don't really let our kids drink soda. Only for pictures. )

Back to normal blogging next week.

11 comments:

Ali said...

We enjoyed having you around:-) I'm glad we were able to grab lunch and hang out. I miss you being there all the time, I WISH I was able to stay home with my boy!!!

jen@odbt said...

That's great you have that flexibility with your work/home life. Love how your little guy is sipping his drink.

Mrs. C... said...

was wondering where you were!!! I am working tomorrow, hopped up on drugs and getting out of the house infested with sick kids. I hate this week. Who says it is soda in the cup, I assumed it was strawberry lemonade, because that is my kids favorite from Costco, and those look like Costco cups! :)

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

That's a lot on your plate girl! Sounds like an overall good thing though!

Anonymous said...

your boys are too cute! get some rest!

Anonymous said...

:) I am so thankful for our friendship!

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

exciting and exhausting all in one!
yes... a lot on your plate!

that pic sure is cute... coke and all.
coke is my weakness... i would have stolen a sip too! :)

Karen said...

Those little guys are just too cute! Sounds like you have a busy time ahead of you - but I think it'll be good in the long run. Sometimes it takes a little lifestyle change - if only temporarily - to refresh us just a little.
Have a good time!
And a good weekend.
:) Karen

The Flying Bee said...

Sounds busy, but a good busy. Your boys are too cute!

Anonymous said...

cute photo! sounds like you love your job even though you've been super busy. That's great!

Genn said...

Sounds busy! In a good way. I know how you feel about being so tired. Now that I only do hair part time, when I do have a long day on my feet I am just so beat. I'm not used to doing it all day anymore.