Sunday, July 26, 2009

Keeping busy in summer heat

We've had a wonderful, hot, tiring weekend. Saturday we woke up and decided we needed to be in water. So what do we do in that situation? Go swimming at the Dunbar's of course. That's the good thing about having a pool at grandma's you get to just show up and swim without an invitation.

Then that evening Mr. Dunbar and I got dressed up nicely and went to a surprise birthday dinner for my mom's best friend.

Here we are... because of my no spend month, my mom bought this Max Studio dress for me for less than $20!!! . Go mom.

Mom and Dad
Here's the birthday girl and her husband Spike (that's our nickname for him), Esther was all over the place. I could not get a good picture. But she was
so ecstatic, like a little kid in a candy store.

Sunday morning we were off to church and then we went swimming at some of our friend's house. It was a nice relaxing afternoon and we finally got to meet their baby girl Cate. She slept most of the time we were there. Ahhh, I remember those days, when the baby slept...

Here is Bogie, chomping down on snacks.

Mr. Land, Mr. Dunbar and Monkey

Baby Cate and her granparents


First time grandparents are always so giddy. Cate's grandparents come to watch her every tuesday night to give her tired parents a date night.
(Look at those rubberband arms!! Adorable.)

3 comments:

Cathy said...

That gorgeous dress (and I'm sure beautiful Nordstrom shoes) would go perfectly in the Alaskan bush. You look divine! Is that pool with Mr. Dunbar in it as neat as it looks? wow -- Cali-for-nigh-eh looks swell :)

Mrs. C... said...

HOT MOMA!!!! I had no idea when I saw you yesterday morning looking cute, that you had looked so HOT and SMOKIN the night before. I am sure your hand bag was fabulous as well as the shoes! :) You could get away with that for the Getaway as well. FYI, you dressed Mr. Dunbar swell too! ;)

Julie McCoy said...

I love your dress!!