Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Friends and A Funeral

Yesterday was my Grandpa's funeral. It was a cold (California cold) day. Gloomy, supposed to rain. The services were in in Spanish and actually not that long... My brother gave a beautiful speech of my grandpa's life with my grandma.

We didn't take the boys. With all of my family attending the service I was in need of a babysitter. I had two friends offer to watch my boys. TWO.

I am so blessed to have such wonderful women surround me and love me.

If you know me, you know that I am not the "nice one" (that's another post coming soon). But I am so lucky to have such wonderful friends. My friend Erin offered to watch the boys with no time attachment as soon as she heard things were towards the end for my Grandpa. As soon as my friend Katie found out my grandpa had passed, she immediately offered to watch the boys. To be honest, I don't think I would have ever thought of offering such a relief if the tables were turned. (Hence, I am not the nice one.) But I will think of it now. It was a such a comfort to know that my boys were going to be taken care of and I wouldn't have to worry about them.

I did pick the boys up and take them to my Grandparent's house for the reception afterward. Babies have a way of calming everyone and bringing joy to those around them.

Thanks friends for your prayers, your wonderful thoughts, and your love.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your nice mija, in your own ways. . . You are your father daughter, Your strong, Your a leader, Your smart, and Beautiful. You handle what needs to be handled in the most effecient and effective way in a moment notice! Sometime appearing insentive, But those who really know you, know that they can always count on you. Your actions speak louder than anyone's words. We love you just the way you are. Besides, You had to be tough!!! There was no room for sissy's in our family, your father was a Milatary Man, and you were raised with 3 BROTHERS.

Amber said...

Is there another sibling we don't know about? ;-)

Anonymous said...

It truly was my pleasure and a blessing to be used by your family in this way. Besides, I had a puppy, what is better than that for entertainment and boys??? I have the most wonderful picture of Monkey and Koda.....I'll keep it ransom for next week when we have dinner :) E

Anonymous said...

Correction TWO -(2) brothers, Joseph and Adam. My husband and I raised THREE (3) wonderful kids.

I'm still trying to improve on my computer skills. I meant to hit the #2 key.
Sorry for the confusion.