Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Economic Times

Dow plunges 733 as new data points to recession

Well Yahoo finally stated that we are OFFICIALLY in a recession. Scary! So so scary. If you're like me you probably don't even want to open up all of your financial statements this month. The one that will pain me the most will be the college account. Although I like being home, I know that it is probably inevitable I will have to go back to work eventually, if I'd like my husband to retire before he's 80. So our retirement account has time, but the college fund. AGH. I have this dream of them going to school wherever they want and not having to worry about student loans and grants and finances... Mr. Dunbar and I both were able to go without worry. This is what I want for my boys. Okay, I digress.
So my first question is where have you seen the hardest hit? And my second question is what have you done about it? Clipping coupons, turning off lights, fewer trips to Starbucks? Anyone done anything more strategic? I want to know!!! Come on, give me some comment love!! I'll give you a candy! (That usually works in the Dunbar House.) Seriously what are you doing??? Working mommas? SAHMommas? Guys??

Matthew 6:25 (Whole Chapter) “That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn’t life more than food, and your body more than clothing?

So, I'm not worried just trying to plan.

1 comment:

The Salinas Family said...

Is it so horrible to say that I haven't thought about it...yet. Let alone done anything strategic! Bill has suggested many times that I not put our electric bill on the yearly plan so that I feel that horrible "summer" one that is EXTREMELY HIGH. He thinks if it hurts more than I will be more diligent about not using the AC so much! Hello.....can you say Mission Viejo and the Night Stalker.....