Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Purpose...


... my determined purpose is that I may know Him, that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly... Phillipians 3:10 AMP

Friday is my birthday. I'll be thirty. Yup, that's right, THIRTY! (Crazy, and I can't seem to forget it because my good friend Erin has told me every day for a week.)

But in the midst of my reflecting time, and upon hearing Tim McGraw's Next 30 Years, I've started to wonder what the next 30 years of my life will look like. Am I going to get fat? Get wrinkles and grey hair? How long will I be able to stay home? Will I be a soccer mom or a baseball mom? Will Scott's job take us out of state? Or keep us here? All of these questions run through my mind... But what's more important, what am I going to do intentionally in my life for the next 30 years? Of course I want to be a good wife, an attentive mom, a reliable friend, but what is at the core of all of this?

Jesus.

My purpose is to live a life that is a reflection of Him. Can you start a new year's resolution on your birthday? I am. I am recomitting my life to being 'set apart.'

(And also to start dying my hair every six weeks!)

No comments: